Seneca Sanitation Department
Position Description - CDL Truck Driver / Laborer
Operates a variety of medium and heavy trucks utilized in Public Works Department for sanitation activities, and reports to their supervisor.
Education, Experience & Licensing Requirements:
- High school diploma or GED equivalent and
- One (1) years’ experience involving the use of medium and heavy trucks and equipment or
- Any equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Valid SC Driver’s license and CDL license.
Necessary Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Considerable knowledge of heavy-equipment operating principles.
- Working knowledge of the hazards and safety precautions common to heavy equipment operations.
- Working knowledge of the methods, materials and tools used in Public Works Department work.
- Skill in operation of listed tools and equipment.
- Ability to understand and follow oral or written instructions.
- Ability to communicate effectively verbally and in writing.
- Ability to observe proper safety precautions.
- Ability to establish effective working relationships with other employees, supervisors and the public.
- Ability to perform heavy manual tasks under varying weather conditions.
- Ability to drive and operate a variety of equipment under varying conditions.
Tools And Equipment Used:
- Motorized vehicles and equipment, including front loader truck, dump truck, pickup truck
- pumps, compressors, common hand and portable power tools
- shovels, mobile radio, phone, air compressor, clips, fixtures, graphics instructions, manuals, patterns, rules, templates, shovels, rakes, picks, sledgehammer.
Applications are being accepted at City Hall.
An equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.
The city of Seneca does not discriminate based on race, color, national origin, sex, religion, age, or disability status in employment or the provision of services.
March 22, 2023
July 22, 2022
October 5, 2022