Seneca is a vibrant and dynamic city, on the forefront of economic growth and innovation, urban development, arts, and entertainment. Our employees play a vital role not only in making our city what it is today, but also in shaping its future. The city employs over 200 individuals in a diverse array of services.
Our Employees Are Our Strength!
The Human Resources Department is responsible for all personnel-related support and development activities, including hiring, retention, training and development, compensation and benefits, and compliance with policies and labor laws.
Human Resources is also responsible for risk management, a duty that not only focuses on maintaining a safe working environment for all employees, but also requires the proactive management of potential physical and economic liabilities threatening the accomplishment of the City's mission.
The city of Seneca is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer; The City of Seneca does not discriminate based on race, color, national origin, sex, religion, age, or disability status in employment or the provision of services.
Benefits For Employees
Employer sponsored Insurance:
- Medical, dental, vision, and prescription coverage with employer shared contributions
- Basic Life and AD&D insurance, employer paid 100%
- MASA Medical Transport, employer paid 100%
- Employee Assistance Program, employer paid 100%
South Carolina Retirement System (SCRS) or Police Officers Retirement System (PORS). Benefits and participation are determined by the South Carolina Retirement System.
South Carolina Deferred Compensation Program (Deferred Comp) which offers a unique opportunity for you to save for your future in a 401(k) and/or 457(b) plan.
Our mission is to:
- Recruit, develop, and retain a diversified workforce of skilled, competent employees
- Provide attractive compensation and benefits
- Cultivate an organizational culture that ensures a safe and healthy work environment
- Promote employee wellness
- Apply Human Resources policies and practices in an ethical, consistent, and respectful manner