Planning & Development
Work for which a permit is required by code is started or proceeded prior to obtaining a permit, the fees herein specified shall be doubled, but the payment of such double fee shall not relieve any persons from fully complying with the requirements of the code in execution of the work nor from any other penalties prescribed therein.
Now Available Online:
You can now conveniently handle all Permitting and Code Complaints online using our CitizenServe portal. Here's all the things you can now do online:
- Apply for Permits
- Search for Existing Permits
- Learn More About Permitting
- Submit a Code Violation Complaint
- Search for a Complaint
- Learn More About Code Violations
- Building Permit Application
- Plumbing/Mechanical/Electrical Permit Application
- Roofing Permit Application
- Please Note: All roofing permit applications are completed on the building permit form - in Section 9 state that you are requesting a roofing permit.
- All Specialty Roofing Systems must be installed per the manufacturer’s guidelines. A letter from a representative of the manufacturer or an approved agency will be required that the roofing system is installed per their guidelines.
- Owner-Builder Application
- This department understands that as an owner you have the right to build on your property. It will be necessary to complete the Owner-Builder Disclosure Statement and have it filed with the Register of Deeds in Oconee County before issuance of a permit.
- Special Inspection Procedure Application
- Third Party Footing/Foundation Inspection Report
- Commercial Permit and Plan Review Checklist
- Residential Permit and Plan Review Checklist
- Energy Code Checklist
Once you have completed all appropriate sections of the application and acquired all information set forth on the residential or commercial checklist, you are ready to apply for your permit at the Building Codes department located at City Hall.
Once permits have been obtained for job and payment received, all job cards must be displayed on job site before work begins.
For any other permit questions and to schedule an inspection please contact the Building Codes office at 864-885-2726.
Building Permit Rates
|$0 to $10,000||$50.00|
|$10,001 to $50,000||$50.00 For First $10,000+
$5.00 For Each $1,000
|$50,001 to $100,000||$250.00 For First $50,000+
$4.00 For Each $1,000
|$100,001 to $500,000||$450.00 For First $100,000+
$3.00 For Each $1,000
|$500,001 and Up||$1650.00 For First $500,000+
$2.00 For Each $1,000
|Plan Review||One-Half Building Permit Fee|
Permit Rates Calculator
|Permit Rates Calculator|
|Plan Review Fee:||0|
|Building Official/Fire Marshal: