The duties of the Street Department encompass a wide variety of jobs within the city's right of ways, which include, but are not limited to the following:
- Repair sidewalks, driveway & curb, and gutter lines that are damaged.
- Maintaining ditches and drain inlets in the street and on drainage easements.
- Cleaning catch basins and clearing debris from the storm water system to allow the free flow of storm water.
- Repairing erosion along the storm water system, and repairing washouts.
- Working with SC DOT and Oconee County to maintain city streets, signs, and right of ways.
- Installing roadside driveway drainage pipe at new city locations.
- Removal of unsafe trees on right of ways.
- Respond to hazardous spills when called in from the Police and Fire departments.
- Plow Snow, sand bridges and roadways as needed.
- Bush hog, trim, and maintain city right of ways.
- Spray for Mosquito’s over the summer months.
- Maintain, Landscape, and beautify all city property.
- Maintain city cemeteries.
- Deliver and set up the city stage for city events, and when rented for outside use.
- Set up, clean up, and work city events as needed.
To report problems in any of these areas contact Public Works at 864-885-2750.
No item found!