Seneca Light & Water
Position Description - Water Plant Operator “A”
Operates the City’s water plant and maintenance equipment to provide potable water to the public. Reports to the Chief Water Plant Operator.
Education & Experience:
- High School Diploma or GED
- "A" Water Treatment Operator Certification.
- Have five years of experience in water treatment
- Have a valid SC driver's license
Necessary Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Some knowledge of equipment, facilities, materials, methods and procedures used in maintenance, construction and repair activities
- Skill in operation of some of the listed tools and equipment.
- Ability to perform heavy manual tasks for extended periods of time
- Ability to work safely
- Ability to communicate effectively verbally and in writing
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with employees, other departments and the public
- Ability to understand and carry out written and oral instructions
- Ability to work without supervision.
Applications are being accepted at City Hall.
An equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.
The city of Seneca does not discriminate based on race, color, national origin, sex, religion, age, or disability status in employment or the provision of services.