Seneca Light & Water
Position Description - Class A Lineman
Performs skilled line work in the operation, maintenance and repair of overhead and underground electrical distribution systems; operates a variety of specialized related equipment and vehicles. Reports to the Electrical Superintendent. May serve as lead worker for a crew of line workers.
Education, Experience & Licensing Requirements:
- Graduation from high school or GED equivalent, and
- Five years’ experience in construction or electrical maintenance; or
- Any equivalent combination of education and experience.
Necessary Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Working knowledge of methods, materials and tools used in electrical distribution system maintenance work.
- Working knowledge of the occupational hazards and safety precautions of the tradeConsiderable knowledge of the principles of electrical theory as applied to electrical circuits and wiring systems and ability to apply this knowledge to work situationsKnowledge of how circuits feed and where they can be blocked.
- Skill in operation of the listed tools and equipmentSkill in the application of first aid methods including artificial respirationSkill in the reading and interpretation of electric schematics and one-line diagrams.
- Ability to follow proper methods, procedures and safety precautions of line work; Ability to understand and follow complex oral and written instructions; Ability to work under varying weather conditions.
Applications are being accepted at City Hall.
An equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.
The city of Seneca does not discriminate based on race, color, national origin, sex, religion, age, or disability status in employment or the provision of services.