**Notice to All Residential Sanitation Customers Within The City Limits**
In an effort to keep our garbage collection fees as low as possible, the City of Seneca stopped picking up curbside recycling items starting Monday July 1, 2013. For your benefit, Oconee County, Solid Waste offers several recycling options. All other curbside services will remain the same.
We can recycle #1, #3, #4, #5, #6, #7 plastic items. The recycle logo with the type plastic (number) is stamped on recyclable plastic items. Bottles must be clean with Caps removed.
Waste Oil, Filters, & Oil Containers
Waste oil may be carried to, and placed in the waste oil tank at the Sanitation & Recycling Building at 298 E South 1st St. Seneca, SC 29678. Oil filters & plastic oil bottles may be placed in containers at this site. Do reuse your oil containers when possible. Please DO NOT contaminate the oil with paint, antifreeze, transmission oil, cooking oil, or paint solvent. Try to avoid spilling oil.
Glass types that may be recycled are:
- Beverage and glass food containers that are rinsed out and have caps removed.
- Any clear or brown glass bottles and jars that are rinsed out and have caps or lids removed.
*It is not necessary to remove labels.
Glass types that may not be recycled are:
- Ceramic (china) plates, cups, & saucers
- Drinking glasses & crystal
- Plate (window) glass
- Auto window glass & windshields
- Milk or opaque glass
- Light bulbs
- Colored glass that is not clear or brown. (blue, yellow, rose, or other tinted glass)
Newspapers and Mixed Papers
Paper products that may be recycled are:
- Newspapers and anything that comes with the newspaper*
- Junk mail
- Notebook paper
- Typing & computer paper
- Soft back books
- Wrapping paper
*Newspapers must be kept dry
Paper products that may not be recycled are:
- Tissue paper
- Toilet paper
- Food wrapping paper
- Any paper with body fluids on it
Aluminum products that may be recycled are:
- Aluminum soft drink
- Beer cans
*Scrap metal & most appliances may be recycled by placing them on the curb for collection.
Aluminum products that may not be recycled are:
- Aluminum foil & pie plates
- Tin or steel cans or bi-metal cans (food & juice cans)
- Metal lids or bottle caps
- Aerosol cans (hairspray, paint, or deodorant cans)
- Car parts, nails, or screws
- Sheet metal
- Gasoline cans
Cardboard products that may be recycled are:
- Corrugated cardboard (3 layer cardboard consisting of 2 flat outer pieces with a wavy layer between, such as a shipping carton)
*Remove all packing material, styrofoam, and plastic. flatten boxes and place next to recycling bin. large boxes must be cut no larger than 4 feet x 4 feet.
*Please do not put garbage in cardboard boxes!
Cardboard products that may not be recycled are:
- Wax coated corrugated cardboard
- Cereal boxes
- Soda boxes
- Beer boxes