City Of Seneca
Position Description - Beautification Laborer
Performs a variety of unskilled or semi-skilled maintenance work. May collect solid waste materials, perform landscaping, or make street repairs. Reports to the Beautification Supervisor.
Education, Experience & Licensing Requirements:
- High school diploma or GED equivalent
- Valid SC Driver’s License
- Landscaping experience is preferred.
Necessary Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Some knowledge of equipment, facilities, materials, methods and procedures used in sanitation activities.
- Some knowledge of the appropriate methods of caring for plantings.
- Skill in operation of some of the listed tools and equipment.
- Ability to perform heavy manual tasks for extended periods of time.
- Ability to cross train for placement in other crews.
- Ability to work safely.
- Ability to communicate effectively verbally and in writing.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with employees, other departments and the public.
- Ability to understand and carry out written and oral instructions.
Applications are being accepted at City Hall.
An equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.
The city of Seneca does not discriminate based on race, color, national origin, sex, religion, age, or disability status in employment or the provision of services.