Seneca Light & Water
Position Description - Utility Worker 1 For Water Department
Performs maintenance work, and operates equipment in the operation, repair, maintenance, and replacement of City utility facilities and systems. Reports to the Assistant Water Superintendent.
Education, Experience & Licensing Requirements:
- High School Diploma or G.E.D.
- General knowledge on water systems
- Ability to read and understand a utility map
- Must possess a valid SC Driver's License.
Necessary Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Some knowledge of equipment, facilities, materials, methods and procedures used in utility maintenance, construction and repair activities.
- Skill in operation of some of the listed tools and equipment.
- Ability to perform heavy manual tasks for extended periods of time.
- Ability to work safely.
- Ability to communicate effectively verbally and in writing.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with employees, other departments and the public.
- Ability to understand and carry out written and oral instructions.
Tools And Equipment Used:
- Motorized vehicles and equipment, including dump truck, pickup truck, utility truck, jetter/inductor truck, manlift, saws, pumps, compressors, sanders, generators, common hand and power tools, shovels, wrenches, detection devices, mobile radio and ditch witch.
Applications are being accepted at City Hall.
An equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.
The city of Seneca does not discriminate based on race, color, national origin, sex, religion, age, or disability status in employment or the provision of services.
October 17, 2022
July 22, 2022
February 22, 2023