Local Accommodations Tax Grant
The City of Seneca accepts Local Accommodations Tax Grant Applications for the use of the Local Accommodations Tax monies. The City of Seneca has approximately $10,000 available for distribution. These funds are available for tourism, related projects, programs, events and promotions. Applicants must propose to use funds for the promotion of tourism in Seneca.
Please see below for more information about Section 6-1-530 and 6-1-730 of the State Laws of South Carolina. Per sections 6-1-530 and 6-1-730 of the State Laws of South Carolina, the revenues from the hospitality and accommodations taxes may only be used for the following:
- Tourism-related buildings, including, but not limited to, civic centers, coliseums, and aquariums;
- Tourism-related cultural, recreational, or historic facilities;
- Beach access, re-nourishment, or other tourism-related land and water access;
- Highways, roads, streets, and bridges providing access to tourist destinations;
- Advertisements and promotions related to tourism development; or
- Water and sewer infrastructure to serve tourism-related demand.
Applications are available online (download) and are also available at the Seneca City Hall, located at 221 E North 1st St. Seneca, SC 29678. Applications may be e-mailed to email@example.com or mailed to P.O. Box 4773, Seneca, SC 29679. The deadlines for turning in Local Accommodations Tax Grant Applications are as follows:
Wednesday, June 28, 2023 (Wednesday before July 4th) by 5:00 pm
Wednesday, December 27, 2023 (Wednesday before January 1st) by 5:00 pm
Wednesday, July 3, 2024 (Wednesday before July 4th) by 5:00 pm
Wednesday, December 25, 2024 (Wednesday before January 1st) by 5:00 pm
Please Note: Grant applications are due by 5:00 pm
Please call 864-885-2700 if you have any questions.