Seneca Police Department
Position Description – Dispatcher
Dispatcher receives calls, dispatches routine and emergency information by radio to Police, Fire, Public Works and Administration. Preforms a variety of administrative task and reports to a Police Sergeant.
- A Minimum Age Of 18
- High School Graduate Or Equivalent
- Excellent Communication Skills
- Able To Withstand A Rigid Background Investigation, Including Polygraph
- Candidate Must Be Able To Work A Flexible Schedule
- Prior Dispatch Experience Preferred
Tools And Equipment Used:
Communications switchboard, including computer-aided systems; personal computer including word processing software; copy machine; fax machine; teletype, typewriter, radio transmitters and receivers, tape recorder, telephone equipment, NCIC system, TDD detector.
- Must possess NCIC Certification within 6 months & Communications and E-911 Certification within 1 year
- Must successfully complete periodic training programs, both internal and external
Applications are being accepted at Seneca Police Dept or City Hall.
An equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.
The city of Seneca does not discriminate based on race, color, national origin, sex, religion, age, or disability status in employment or the provision of services.