Human Resources Department
Position Description - Human Resource Manager
Administers various aspects of the human resource system of the City of Seneca and Seneca Light and Water for approximately 210 full-time employees and approximately 10 part-time employees. Duties include human resource administration, payroll, insurance, worker's compensation and related work. Reports to the Finance Director. Supervises Human Resource Generalist in charge of payroll.
Education, Experience & Licensing Requirements:
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in human resources.
- Five (5) years or more of human resource experience.
- Experience working in local government / municipality preferred but not required.
Necessary Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Considerable knowledge of modern state, federal and local policies and practices of public human resource administration. Working knowledge of employee classification, compensation and benefits, recruitment, selection, and training.
- Working knowledge of federal and state regulations concerning child support enforcement and regulations concerning other withholdings for judgments such as tax liens and student loans.
- Working knowledge of the State Retirement System.
- Working knowledge of modern office practices and procedures.
- Considerable knowledge of payroll software.
- Skill in operating the listed tools and equipment.
- Ability to carry out assigned projects to their completion. Ability to communicate effectively verbally and in writing.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with applicants, employees, City officials, and the general public.
- Ability to process confidential and sensitive information effectively. Ability to understand and follow instructions.
- Ability to work under pressure and/or frequent interruptions.
Applications are being accepted at City Hall.
An equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.
The city of Seneca does not discriminate based on race, color, national origin, sex, religion, age, or disability status in employment or the provision of services.