Seneca Building & Projects Department
Position Description - Electrician Assistant
Assists Lead Electrician in the installation, repairing, and maintaining of electrical systems and equipment for city.
Education, Experience & Licensing Requirements:
- High School diploma or GED equivalent, and
- 2+ year electrical experience preferred
- Valid SC driver’s license and good driving record
- Proficient electrical diagnostic skills.
- Excellent written, verbal, and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work after hours, over weekends and on public holidays with short or no notice.
- Physically agile, dexterous, and able to work in confined spaces.
Necessary Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Working knowledge of methods, materials and tools used in electrical distribution system maintenance work.
- Working knowledge of the occupational hazards and safety precautions of the trade. Considerable knowledge of the principles of electrical theory as applied to electrical circuits and wiring systems and ability to apply this knowledge to work situations. Knowledge of how circuits feed and where they can be blocked.
- Skill in operation of the listed tools and equipment. Skill in the application of first aid methods including artificial respiration. Skill in the reading and interpretation of electric schematics and one-line diagrams.
- Ability to follow proper methods, procedures, and safety precautions of line work; Ability to understand and follow complex oral and written instructions; Ability to work under varying weather conditions.
- Showing efficiency in work and contributing to increasing profitability of the city.
- Interact with customers and other employees.
- Ability to provide quality workmanship.
- Good decision making and organization required. Keeps inventory, time and material records, as assigned; stocks service vehicles as required.
- Operates a variety of equipment and trucks.
Applications are being accepted at City Hall.
An equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.
The city of Seneca does not discriminate based on race, color, national origin, sex, religion, age, or disability status in employment or the provision of services.