City Of Seneca
Position Description - Beautification Supervisor
Plans, coordinates, and supervises through subordinate supervisors, a city-wide planned nursery and landscape, grounds improvement, and/or street/park tree maintenance program; and performs other related duties as required.
Education, Experience & Licensing Requirements:
- High school diploma or GED equivalent
- Valid SC Driver¡¦s License and CDL license or ability to obtain one.
- Three years of supervisory experience involving responsibility for a program overseeing the:
- Propagation and cultivation of various plants, shrubs, and trees; and/or
- Care, maintenance and beautification activities for parks, gardens, streets, malls or other landscaped areas.
Necessary Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Considerable knowledge of municipal sanitation or street maintenance principles, practices and methods.
- Thorough knowledge of applicable City policies, laws, and regulations affecting Department activities.
- Working knowledge of the hazards and safety precautions common to heavy equipment operations.
- Working knowledge of the methods, materials and tools used in sanitation or streetwork.
- Skill in operating the listed tools and equipment.
- Ability to communicate effectively, orally and in writing, with employees, City officials and the general public.
- Ability to observe proper safety precautions.
- Ability to establish effective working relationships with other employees, supervisors and the public.
- Ability to perform heavy manual tasks under varying weather conditions.
- Ability to drive and operate a variety of equipment under varying conditions.
Applications are being accepted at City Hall.
An equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.
The city of Seneca does not discriminate based on race, color, national origin, sex, religion, age, or disability status in employment or the provision of services.
October 17, 2022
February 27, 2023
March 22, 2023