Seneca Street Department
Position Description - Assistant Street Supervisor
Supervises Street Department crews performing various tasks related to Street Maintenance. Reports to the Streets Supervisor. Supervises assigned crews and fills in for other workers as needed.
Education, Experience & Licensing Requirements:
- High school diploma or GED equivalent and
- One (1) - Three (3) years' experience in street operations or related field, depending on crew assignment.
- Valid SC Driver's License and CDL license, or ability to obtain one.
Necessary Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Considerable knowledge of municipal sanitation or street maintenance principles, practices, and methods.
- Thorough knowledge of applicable City policies, laws, and regulations affecting Department activities.
- Working knowledge of the hazards and safety precautions common to heavy equipment operations.
- Working knowledge of the methods, materials and tools used in sanitation or street work.
- Skill in operating the listed tools and equipment.
- Ability to communicate effectively, orally and in writing, with employees, City officials and the public.
- Ability to observe proper safety precautions.
- Ability to establish effective working relationships with other employees, supervisors, and the public.
- Ability to perform heavy manual tasks under varying weather conditions.
- Ability to drive and operate a variety of equipment under varying conditions.
Applications are being accepted at City Hall.
An equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.
The city of Seneca does not discriminate based on race, color, national origin, sex, religion, age, or disability status in employment or the provision of services.