The City of Seneca is accepting applications for
Administrative Assistant - Business License Administrator
Provides point-of-contact for the public in the Finance Department. Processes business licenses, building permit payments, local hospitality tax payments, local accommodations tax payments, and assists with other special projects as needed. Reports to the Assistant Finance Officer.
Duties To Include, But Not Limited To:
- Serves as the main point of contact for City Hall and the Finance Office, taking all incoming calls and responding to walk-ins.
- Processes business licenses and renewals, as well as administers all information related to business licenses including reports and follow-up on unpaid business licenses.
- Processes other receivables for the City, prepares deposits for city cash drawer, maintains funds including petty cash, processes returned checks and obtains warrants if necessary, and may initiate and process expenditures authorization vouchers.
- Serves as receptionist and assists the Administrative Office in the coordination of special projects as needed.
- Initiates purchase orders for the department.
- Collects and processes outgoing mail/sort and delivers incoming mail.
- Acts as departmental Notary Public for citizen and employee documentation.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Two (2) years of extensive clerical experience including the collection and accounting of money and frequent contact with the public.
- Or equivalent education and/or experience.
- Must have SC Driver's license or ability to obtain one.
- Experience with INCODE software is preferred.
- Experience with CitizenServe software is preferred.
- Bilingual in English/Spanish is preferred.
Applications are being accepted at City Hall.
An equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.
The city of Seneca does not discriminate based on race, color, national origin, sex, religion, age, or disability status in employment or the provision of services.