Seneca Light & Water
Position Description - Engineering Technician
Oversees construction of utilities under City control. Makes drawings as requested. Reports to the Engineering Supervisor.
Education & Experience:
- High school diploma or GED,
- Two years of related technical or college training in drafting, Computer-Aided-Design (CAD), engineering technology, civil engineering, or a closely related field; and
- Two (2) years related experience
- Have a valid SC driver's license
Necessary Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Some knowledge of civil engineering principles, practices, and methods.
- Some knowledge of applicable City policies, laws, and regulations affecting Division activities.
- Considerable skill in arriving at cost estimates on complex projects.
- Knowledge in computer aided drafting and design programs.
- Some skill in operating the listed tools and equipment.
- Some skill in basic drafting, surveying, and flagging.
- Ability to prepare, organize and maintain engineering field and office data, reports, and systems.
- Ability to effectively communicate complex technical information, orally and in writing, to contractors, developers, property owners, employees, consultants, other governmental agency representatives, City officials and the public.
Applications are being accepted at City Hall.
An equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.
The city of Seneca does not discriminate based on race, color, national origin, sex, religion, age, or disability status in employment or the provision of services.