CITY OF SENECA
HOSPITALITY & ACCOMMODATIONS TAX
The City of Seneca accepts HAT GRANT Applications for the use of the State Accommodations Tax monies. The City of Seneca has approximately $10,000 available for distribution. These funds are available for tourism, related projects, programs, events and promotions. Applicants must propose to use funds for the promotion of tourism in Seneca.
Please see below for more information about Section 6-1-530 and 6-1-730 of the State Laws of South Carolina:
Per sections 6-1-530 and 6-1-730 of the State Laws of South Carolina, the revenues from the hospitality and accommodations taxes may only be used for the following:
1. Tourism-related buildings, including, but not limited to, civic centers, coliseums, and
2. Tourism-related cultural, recreational, or historic facilities;
3. Beach access, renourishment, or other tourism-related land and water· access;
4. Highways, roads, streets, and bridges providing access to tourist destinations;
5. Advertisements and promotions related to tourism development; or
6. Water and sewer infrastructure to serve tourism-related demand.
Applications are available on the city’s website (see link below). Applications are also available at the Seneca City Hall located at 221 E N 1st Street, Seneca, SC 29678. Applications may be e-mailed to email@example.com
or mailed to Seneca City Hall, P O Box 4773, Seneca, SC 29679. The deadlines for turning in HAT GRANT Applications are as follows:
- Thursday, May 25, 2017
- Wednesday, November 22, 2017
Seneca City Hall hours are Monday – Friday 8:00 am – 5:00 pm. Please call 864-885-2700 if you have any questions. CLICK HERE to Download HAT Grant Application